Autism awareness week is back in SFX, for the third year running! Our week will also be during the global autism awareness week which is from the 1st – 5th April.
Throughout our autism week…
- There will be autism-themed assemblies all week and form resources for pupils, and PSHCE lessons based on the subject!
- On Tuesday 2nd April, Y11 Student Daniel Hinnigan is going to London for an interview on “This Morning”
- We have ongoing competitions in the Library, including guess the name of the bear (£1 per entry) and, guess how many sweets in the jar (50p entry)!
- We have a few raffles, you could win the ‘Spectrum cake’ made by Ms Cavanagh, or you could be in the chance of winning a voucher for local restaurants/coffee shops etc…
- We have teamed up with a local barber shop and they have donated a voucher for a free haircut. Peace Barbers – The Fiveways, above Kathryn Henry. (£1 per strip)
- There will be an autism-themed quiz, written by Anne Hegarty (£1 per entry)
- A penalty shootout in the sports hall (£1 per entry)
- An autism ‘talk’ for parents/guardians and Teachers in the School hall, on Wednesday 3rd April, from 16.00 fronted by Year 11 student and Author Daniel Hinnigan, and the Assistant SENCO, Mrs Grace. There will also be a raffle here for parent prizes.
Post Written by D Hinnigan