Please find below a message received today from Mark Pickering, Capital works manager of Amey regarding the current road works around Druids Cross Road.
This affects tomorrow Friday 1st May.
School is open as usual and will not be affected by the works, but they may affect your plans if collecting your child by car. Pedestrians are not affected and the school gates will be used in the usual way.
Road Resurfacing Works – Druids Cross Road
I wish to take this opportunity to update you regarding the ongoing road resurfacing works within Druid Cross Road.
I trust this allows you to inform parents etc via Parent Mail and/or your website
The works are at a point where the junction of Druids Cross road, Aldbourne Ave and Woolton Hill Road requires the new surfacing materials to be placed.
Having assessed the remaining areas of the junction it has been agreed that in order to maintain appropriate levels of safety zones for traffic, pedestrians, school pupils and indeed the workforce it has become necessary to fully close the junction area to through traffic.
As such we advise on the following in order to complete the works:
- A closure of the junction to through traffic that incorporates Druids Cross Road, Aldbourne Road, Woolton Hill Road and Aldbourne Close.
- A closure of Woolton Hill Road (with resident access only) at the junction with Blackwood Avenue.
- Diversion Route via Blackwood Ave – Woolton Road – Aldbourne Ave (for residents access)
- A closure of Aldbourne Ave (with residents access only) at the junction with Woolton Road.
- Diversion Route via Woolton Road – Blackwood Ave – Woolton Hill Rd (for residents access)
- Proposed closure to be implemented after the school run this coming Friday 1st May 2015
- Works to break out and remove the concrete carriageway and replace with new materials be completed Saturday 2nd May 2015.
- The junction area will be re-opened to traffic and the close of operations on Saturday 2nd May 2015.
- During the above works vehicular access and egress for the residents of Aldbourne Close can be maintained Eastwards along Druids Cross Road.
- Pedestrian access into the school from Aldbourne Close will be maintained at all times.
- The closure of the junction will not be placed until after the Friday morning school intake so as to minimise disruption to parents. However parents wishing to pick up pupils on Friday evening will only have access in one direction along both Woolton Hill Road and Aldbourne Ave up to the physical closure points of the working area.