Congratulations to all of our students who received their results today.  We are very proud of their achievements.

We are very please to say that results are up on last year with:

• 35% of all A Level results being recorded as A* to B
  • 79% of BTEC results being recorded as Distinction*/Distinction
  • 73% of all Grades are A* – B (or equivalent) which is up 5% from last year

The Liverpool Echo Article highlighting the schools results can be seen here:

73% of all grades awarded at A*- C for SFX

Students at St Francis Xavier’s College are celebrating exam success as they pick up their A Level and Vocational results.

St Francis Xavier’s surpassed last year’s excellent pass rate with 73% of all grades awarded at A*- C and Distinction*/Distinction, an increase of 5%.

An impressive 32% of grades awarded were at A*/A and Distinction*/Distinction.

081816DSC_7575

From left to right it is Jerrery Jordan, Jacon Bee, Aaron D’Souza, Mr L Rippon Headteacher, Daniel Campbell, Thomas Clarke

Special mention goes to Aaron D’Souza, 18, from Liverpool, who has gained a place at Oxford to read a Master’s Degree in Physics after gaining A* grades in Maths, Further Maths and Physics as well as an A grade in Chemistry. Aaron said:

A huge thank you to everyone who has helped me gain my place at Oxford – my teachers and parents especially. I’m really looking forward to starting my course at university.

Meanwhile Daniel Campbell, also 18, is heading to the University of Liverpool to read Classics. Daniel said:

I am overjoyed! Very many thanks to my teachers who have helped me through years of study. I can’t wait to start my course at Liverpool University.

Les Rippon, head teacher at SFX College, said:

The results are testament to the hard work and dedication of our sixth formers, but also of our tremendous teachers who have gone above and beyond to ensure that every student’s potential is reached.

To achieve another set of impressive results is fantastic news for the school and I am extremely proud of the students’ achievements.

I wish all of our students the best of luck in the future. Whichever career path they choose to follow, I am certain they will enjoy great success.