Monday 23rd February 2015

Dear Parent(s)

Unfortunately I am writing to explain that some groups of pupils are being sent home early from school today as a result of a flood affecting the serving area of the Dining Hall. The problem causing the flood has been fixed and the food preparation area of the kitchen has not been affected. However, in order to avoid a risk of cross contamination I have taken the decision not to use the serving area for today so that it can be deep cleaned in readiness for tomorrow.

In order to maintain continuity for examination classes, years 11, 12 and 13 will remain in school and a free packed lunch will be provided for them. Years 7,8,9, and 10 will be dismissed from school at 12.30, so that they can return home for lunch and stay at home for the afternoon.  A packed lunch will be available for pupils in receipt of free school meals.

School will be open for all year groups as normal on Tuesday 23/2/15 and the year 11 GCSE Information meeting will take place as scheduled at 6pm.

I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause, but I have taken these steps in order to ensure the safety of all students and the continuing education of all examination classes.

Yours sincerely

Mr L D Rippon

Headteacher