Dear Parents

I am very pleased to confirm that our building plans were given approval at the City Council Planning Department meeting this morning. I am sure that you will agree that this is really good news for all at the College and the end result will be a tremendous improvement for everyone.

The work is going to begin on Monday November 24th and therefore I would like you to bear the following points in mind:

The school day will end at 3pm instead of 3.30 pm with effect from November 24th. As I explained in my previous letter, if this causes a particular difficulty for parents we will allow pupils to stay on site until 3.30 pm and they should report to the Hall.
The Woolton Hill Road entrance/exit will be closed from this weekend and pedestrians will not be able to gain access via this entrance. The Aldbourne Road entrance will be open for pedestrians.
I would ask that parents dropping off and collecting pupils do not drive into Aldbourne Close as this is a very narrow cul-de-sac. It would be appreciated if parents could take this on board out of respect for our neighbours. In a similar way if parents are parking on Aldbourne Avenue near the Black Woods I would ask that you do not use the grass verge.

Whilst writing to you I would also like to bring your attention to some important dates regarding events later this term:

Wednesday December 3rd 2014 – Feast of St Francis Xavier – school will close at 12.30 pm. A basic lunch will be available for those eligible for free school meals.

Monday December 15th 2014 – Senior Proclamation – 7.30 pm. Awards and certificates are presented to members of last year’s Year 11 and Year 13. School will finish as normal at 3 pm.

Tuesday December 16th 2014 – Advent/Carol Service in the College Chapel at 7.30 pm. All are invited to this important occasion at the start of our Christmas celebrations. School will finish as normal at 3 pm.

Wednesday December 17th 2014 – Christmas lunch for all pupils and staff. It is also proposed to hold the postponed Sports Celebration Evening on this date; further details will be sent once they are known.

Thursday December 18th 2014 – Mass for Years 12 and 13 followed by seasonal refreshments. Students depart for Christmas holidays mid morning.

Friday December 19th 2014 – school closes at 12.30 pm for the start of the Christmas holidays. A basic lunch will be available for those eligible for free school meals.

Tuesday January 6th 2015 – school opens for all pupils and students at 8.40 am.

Wednesday January 14th 2015 – Parent/teacher meeting for Year 11. Trial exam results will be available for collection in the Learning Resource Centre (LRC) on the night of the meeting and we ask that they are collected prior to meeting staff in the Hall.

I continue to be grateful for all of your support and will keep you up to date with the building work as it progresses.